Placemark supports a version of the simplestyle specification that allows you to style map features directly. Simplestyle is available as one of the Visualization options in the map interface.
Simplestyle works by using a few properties on each feature that contain color, opacity, and width information. The supported properties are:
Each feature controls:
- stroke: controls the color of lines on the map. The value can be any hex, rgb, named, rgba, or hsla color
- stroke-width: the width of lines on the map
- stroke-opacity: the opacity of lines on the map
- fill: the color of filled features
- fill-opacity: the opacity of the filled feature's fills
Differences from specification
In contrast to the official specification for simplestyle, Placemark:
- Placemark supports a wide range of color syntaxes, including named, rgb, hsl, rgba and hsla colors. The specification only supports hex.
- marker-size and marker-symbol properties are not supported
- title and description properties are not supported